Planet of Babel
Planet of Babel is a small planet that players connect to and fight over simultaneously in a turn-based tactical strategy.
Control using the mouse. Click on your units (the ones with brown circles near them) to select them, then click on the surrounding flashing tiles to move them there, or an enemy (if close enough) to attack them. Be careful, units counter-attack! Click on empty tiles that you own to be able to build new units. You can use your units to capture tiles and make them your own.
Hold the mouse close to the edges of the visible map to turn the planet (the cursor changes).
There are two primary resources - Starlight and Energy:
- Starlight (SL) falls from the sky at random locations that change every single turn. If Starlight falls on a tile that you own, or a Starlight catcher that you own, you will receive it.
- Energy (NRG) is generated by Generators every turn. In game, it is display as e.g. 7 / 15 – 15 in this case is the energy actually produced by the generators. 7 is the energy still available to be used this turn. Some actions (building certain units, capturing land) take a one-time charge of energy. Maintaining land and units requires a constant energy supply, so you will find that you don’t have all your energy available at the beginning of your turn.
- Tower block - building this might crash your game, so don’t do it smile
- Generator (10 SL, 0+0 NRG) - generates 15 NRG per turn, unless it is moving.
- SL catcher (15 SL, 1+1 NRG) - any SL caught is worth 2x as much (3x on land you own).
- Boot (2 SL, 0+1 NRG) - basic melee fighter.
- Bow and arrow (3 SL, 0+1 NRG) - ranged attacker.
- Trebuchet (5 SL, 0+2 NRG) - slow ranged attacker.
- Dynamite (7 SL, 5+5 NRG) - cannot attack or capture; if killed, explodes, dealing its damage to all surrounding units (friendly or not). (Warning: probably doesn’t actually work)
- Cloak & dagger (10 SL, 0+5 NRG) - fast and strong, but killed very easily.
(It was supposed to be a lot more, but oh well. Also didn’t get to put in the beautiful music :( )
If the game is stuck at “Connecting …”, the server is probably down. I try to keep it running but it crashes every now and then. Let me know on twitter and I’ll do it ASAP.
© 2017 Aurel Bílý & EidoVolta